The amateur radio operators’ Facebook – more commonly known as QRZ.com – offers great ham radio awards. Unfortunately, there is a downside for the humble user: Not too many stations utilize the internal QRZ.com logbook which in turn means that it is challenging (and extremely time consuming) to gather confirmations which are required to request awards. On the other hand, ARRL Logbook of the World (LoTW) is getting more and more popular. Luckily, QRZ.com offers a feature to import LoTW QSL records into the QRZ.com logbooks. And here is how it works:
1. First we need to access the “My Logbook” section:
2. If you never created a QRZ.com logbook use the drop down menu and click “New Logbook…”. Create a separate logbook for every callsign used.
3. Next, pick your main callsign from the drop down menu (shown above) and click “Settings”:
4. In the settings menu click the “Setup” button next to the “LoTW Access” text field:
5. In the “Logbook of the World Access Setup” just type in your callsign (a LoTW Certificate Container File is not needed for just importing the QSL records):
6. After saving, click on “Settings” again as shown in step 3 as well.
7. Click “Download from LoTW”
You will be prompted to type in your LoTW password. Once done, all QSOs that you have uploaded to LoTW will be imported (including QSOs made with secondary callsigns provided that you created QRZ.com logbooks for those callsigns). The ones that are confirmed on LoTW will be automatically confirmed on QRZ.com as well. Unfortunately, there is no automated synchronization between LoTW and QRZ.com. So, whenever there are new confirmations on LoTW go to “My Logbook” section, click “Settings” and then “Download from LoTW” to manually import the new confirmations to QRZ.com.